35 Ideas to Embellish Your Lips With Labret Piercings
Labret piercings are also known as tongue pillars or soul patch piercings. These fun denominations do have some sense, especially if you know where they are placed. Arguably, the labrum refers to the lip. However, these piercing types are usually placed near or under the bottom lip. You will also see examples when the jewel goes through the lower lip. Regardless of their exact locations, these piercings are included in the labret category. An oral piercing without a doubt, the tongue pillar doesn’t require more than 6 weeks to 3 months to fully heal, which is a lot less than in case of other types.
When you wear jewelry in or next to your lower lip, you will automatically attract indiscreet looks. This would be flattering and you will definitely feel like you have embellished or at least accessorize one of your body parts right. There are multiple types of labret piercings, so that’s why you have to take a look below and discover 90 ideas that are meant to inspire you in your journey. In addition, there will be examples of unique jewelry that you might want to own later on.
1. Vertical labret piercing with gemstones
This is a strikingly beautiful jewel that flatters the vertical labret piercing.
2. Labret piercing placed horizontally
The jewel penetrates the lower lip horizontally.
3. Standard soul patch piercing
This is the standard soul patch piercing that is located just under the lower lip, in the middle section.
4. Standard tongue pillar with a horseshoe jewel
You can take things up a notch and place a horseshoe in your standard tongue pillar.
5. Tiny beaded vertical labret and pink lips
Lipstick shouldn’t get anywhere near you piercing until it heals.
6. No need for a vertical labret
If you wear a horseshoe ring on your lower lip, it will pretty much look like a vertical labret without the pain of one.
7. Vertical labret flatters plump lips
If your lower lip is plump, you have all the reasons to get labret piercings!
8. Beauty enhanced with black jewelry
Black jewelry is not for those of you who want to look natural.
9. Infinity ring as labret piercing
This jewel is called infinity ring because it is virtually infinite due to the lack of bead.
10. Red infinity ring for your lip
If you don’t wear red lipstick, you can wear a red jewel in your lower lip.
11. Piercing in the middle on your lip
A vertical labret is placed in the middle of your bottom lip.
12. Labret piercing on the side
Part of a snake bite pattern or not, you can pierce your lower lip on the side too, not just in the center.
13. Flat gold bead on your lip
After 6 weeks to 3 months, you can remove the initial jewel and experiment with others.
14. Soul patch piercing with large beads
Such large beads will not bother you when eating or kissing. They are just flashier.
15. Badass look with a black horseshoe ring
Sweet and romantic is not the look everyone is going for. So, this is an example of how to look badass with a tongue pillar.
16. Horizontal labrets are not common
Basically a piercing that goes inside your lower lip, this one isn’t common.
17. Avoid jewelry that is too tight
If you opt for a horseshoe ring and it is too tight, it will be uncomfortable and look awkward too.
18. Use cosmetic products with care
Besides choosing alcohol free mouthwash and wiping your lip with salt water, you should also keep cosmetics away for a while.
19. Focus on the center of your face
Septum piercings go hand in hand with labret piercings because they both draw attention to the center of your face, elongating it.
20. The gold and red combo
If you are the glamorous type, you must try the gold and red combo!
21. Keep the jewel clean
After you’re done applying lipstick, make sure to wipe out the jewel.
22. Create a straight line on your face
Vertical labrets go well together with septum piercings, bridge piercings and others situated in the center of your face.
23. Cool enclosed bead ring on the side
Cool kids wear these, so you could also give them a try!
24. Spikes must be worn with care
These spikes aren’t too sharp, but they must be worn with care.
25. Twister for your bubbly personality
The twister creates a fun image for people with bubbly personalities.
26. Snake bites and black lipstick
Two lip piercings situated on the sides are called snake bites.
27. Same sized beads for all jewels
Symmetry is appreciated by numerous perfectionists. Obtain it by choosing same sized beads.
28. Vertical labret for girls with sense of humor
This girl has sense of humor and a vertical labret, so this means pierced girls are funny!
29. Lipstick might cause infections
Professionals recommend flawless oral hygiene before and after piercing. Lipstick is not good news.
30. Multicolored ball for labret piercings
Wearing multicolored beads under your lips is actually a good idea.
31. Shiny bead on your lip
Whether the other end of this bead is inside her mouth or hidden by her lower lip is not important. The achieved look is.
32. Don’t let the jewel sink into your lip
A jewel that sinks into your lip will irritate it and alter its shape.
33. Side lip piercing and red lipstick
The side lip piercing doesn’t stand in the way of lipstick or other activities involving your lips.
34. Thick ring for your lower lip
Stretching a labret piercing is not recommended, but it is practiced.
35. Long barbell for thick lips
The long barbell is useful for when your lip is thick or when it will get swollen due to piercing it.